Music Review: Quintin Verdú y su Orquesta

It was one of this sundays: The place was full of dancers.
I had already danced two nights through and my feets were hurting.
The sun was going down and the dance floor had the perfect light for the photographers to catch nice tango moments. My heart was full of soft embraces. It was this time on a tango marathon, when you just need the right partner and the right music.

Then it comes this unknown tanda: Perfectly dance-able, playful, rhythmical: At some moments the piano is present, then the violin.

The DJane Bonboncito (Benedicte Beauloye ) told me it is Quintin Verdú.
I did what a DJ always do: Look in my library, what I have of Quintin Verdú. What I found there, was recordings from the bibletango collection. This recordings are transfered from 78 RPM shellacs. It is not what Benedicte was playing: What I was looking for, was music where you can find Fresedo and Donato and European tango at the same time.

I forgot this special tanda again, until before two weeks this vinyl came across my way.





I transfered the vinyl and here you hear one of this intrumentals of 1953: "Ne lui dis jamais". 
Enjoy.

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

DJ Profil

This time about music: Osvaldo Requena